Is this still maintained?

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I've been playing around with the source code for quite some time now - added conditional color changes (IE-tab if IE is active window, wallpaper-color on desktop, app-icon-color for normal apps). I'm thinking about releasing the code/my version as it seems that Aura is no longer maintained…

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:54 AM

It works fine and I don't see what can I add/improve there, so that's why here is no changes for so long time.

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Stealth2009 wrote:

It works fine and I don't see what can I add/improve there, so that's why here is no changes for so long time.

Update Idea's

1.App Icon Picture Change
2.App Drop Shadow Option
3.When your IDLE so long on desktop it will take you to Mosaic Menu
4.Where it says Mosaic alow you to change the text there and put Mosica somewhere else
5.Move left or right without clicking ~Make it a option~
6.When holding app beable to move mouse to left or right and Mosaic will move with it
7.Automatic back ground changer
8.App lock option
9.Screen brightness app
10.Volume app

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I've developed a similar tool (currently closed source) called Aurora that can be downloaded here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=532df0cdf79fbf4e&id=532DF0CDF79FBF4E%21118

Compared to Aura it doesn't crash if an Icon cannot be extracted from an application. The color change is based on the active window. If the desktop is focused it will use the dominant color of the wallpaper. In IE9 it will use the color of the current tabs favicon. I'm still looking for suggestions - e.g. other programs with tabs/favicons where different colors can be used.

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM
So does it do anything besides change colors of the windows? lol
Jan 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Currently not; well compared to Aura I never managed to crash Aurora…

I honestly don't understand most of your suggestions…
 1. -> don't get it
 2. -> don't get it
 3. -> wtf is Mosaic Menu?
 4. -> don't get it
 5. -> don't get it
 6. -> don't get it
 7. -> Windows 7 already does that and for Vista there already is software that does that
 8. -> don't get it
 9. -> don't get it, especially as that will be hardware dependend (unless you mean the one that's available under energy settings…)
10. -> as 9.  it's available with WIN+X, but as with 9. I think that's not really a place for it in a program like this without loosing the main foucs, I'd rather stay with KISS than start to merge countless functions (unless of course I'd change Aurora to be a plugin-architecture…)

May you explain some of your suggestions a bit more?

Jan 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Is this any better?

1.Just make it so you can make them what you want them to look like.
Like I can go on photoshop and paint how I want my app to look like
2.A shadow for the apps
3.When your IDLE so long on desktop it will take you to Mosaic that shows all your stuff
4.Where it says Mosaic make it say Start and put the word Mosaic somewhere else
Or make it so you can change what it says.
6.When holding app beable to move mouse to left or right and Mosaic will move with it
7.Automatic back ground changer for Mosaic
8.App lock option how can you not get this one?? Make it so you can lock the apps so you cant drag them
Thanks!

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Currently not; well compared to Aura I never managed to crash Aurora…

I honestly don't understand most of your suggestions…
1. -> don't get it
2. -> don't get it
3. -> wtf is Mosaic Menu?
4. -> don't get it
5. -> don't get it
6. -> don't get it
7. -> Windows 7 already does that and for Vista there already is software that does that
8. -> don't get it
9. -> don't get it, especially as that will be hardware dependend (unless you mean the one that's available under energy settings…)
10. -> as 9. it's available with WIN+X, but as with 9. I think that's not really a place for it in a program like this without loosing the main foucs, I'd rather stay with KISS than start to merge countless functions (unless of course I'd change Aurora to be a plugin-architecture…)

May you explain some of your suggestions a bit more?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aura@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email aura@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:40 AM
2.A shadow for the apps
3.When your IDLE so long on desktop it will take you to Mosaic that shows all your stuff
8.App lock option how can you not get this one?? Make it so you can lock the apps so you cant drag them

1. That involves res hacking, which itself I doubt will be easily automate-able.
2. Doesn't Windows already display shadows for programs? (just checked, it does at least since XP [and it's already the default in 7])
3. Still don't really get the purpose, what you mean with "shows all your stuff"? Do you mean all open Windows? (that would be rather annoying to be automatic as some people focus on the desktop while still focusing on a text/web page/…)
5. Move what left or right?
8. Possibly doable, though I don't really see the benefit. Is there a reason you want to "cripple" the UI? It's not like MS isn't trying the same by limiting the count of (Metro) programs that are available at the same time to 2 with Windows 8…

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Am I talking to the wrong person? Not one of the makers of Mosiac?
Im just telling you things that I think it would make it a lot better

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

2.A shadow for the apps

1. That involves res hacking, which itself I doubt will be easily automate-able.
2. Doesn't Windows already display shadows for programs? (just checked, it does at least since XP [and it's already the default in 7])
3. Still don't really get the purpose, what you mean with "shows all your stuff"? Do you mean all open Windows? (that would be rather annoying to be automatic as some people focus on the desktop while still focusing on a text/web page/…)
5. Move what left or right?
8. Possibly doable, though I don't really see the benefit. Is there a reason you want to "cripple" the UI? It's not like MS isn't trying the same by limiting the count of (Metro) programs that are available at the same time to 2 with Windows 8…

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (aura@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Brayden wrote:

I have no clue what "Mosaic" is^^

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Well thats the problem then lol
Have a good day sir.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Brayden wrote:

I have no clue what "Mosaic" is^^

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Brayden wrote:

Have a good day sir.

May you give me a link to this "Mosaic"?

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Yes, Its a very nice software lol but could use those update's I was talking about.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Brayden wrote:

Have a good day sir.

May you give me a link to this "Mosaic"?

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Brayden wrote:
Yes, Its a very nice software lol but could use those update's I was talking about.

Looks interesting, though I'm still not convinced that Metro offers any advantages for desktop use. I agree it's a nice tough UI…

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Yeah... If your looking for advantages for your desktop check out RocketDock, Ive been using it for year's

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Brayden wrote:

Looks interesting, though I'm still not convinced that Metro offers any advantages for desktop use. I agree it's a nice tough UI…

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Brayden wrote:
Yeah... If your looking for advantages for your desktop check out RocketDock, Ive been using it for year's

I've used Docks on XP and for some time on Vista, but ever since I switched to 7 I see no need for an additional launcher :)

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I keep my desktop clean I dont have any icons but my good old dock : ) lol
You know a lot about computers?
I have a problem where my laptop keeps getting the blue screen randomly... Whenever I shutdown my laptop it does it and whenever I trun it back on it does it once, Any clue what to do?
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM, MFH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Brayden wrote:

I've used Docks on XP and for some time on Vista, but ever since I switched to 7 I see no need for an additional launcher :)